Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CF Issues 23/8/08

Re: CF Issues 23/8/08

Quote Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
    Thanks to the 2 of you who have tried to restore my good name, but, I still have -14 points.

At least that's an improvement on my original -35. Just goes to show how difficult it is to live down a bad reputation.
    Actually discussing reps is a no-no. Might have to start handing out infractions for touting for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin T View Post
    Go on then, tell the select few what it is...
    Hearing that CF may be down for a few days has kinda dented my mood. I just got some new computer bits, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek S View Post
    Actually discussing reps is a no-no. Might have to start handing out infractions for touting for them.

Back to green. Names don't show so you are anonymous doners, so thanks who ever is rep'ing me. Despite the official line.

@ Alien. What bits? We can give you an ooooh and aaaaah to be going on with.
    Last edited by joglynne; 23-08-2008 at 16:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    They are when the main server tech head is away for the weekend. Unless Frank appears, CF may be closed until Monday.
    Monday or Tuesday? Remember this is a bank holiday

3 whole days without CF

Quote Originally Posted by brundles View Post
    Monday or Tuesday? Remember this is a bank holiday

3 whole days without CF
    I think some-one should volunteer to go out to Canada & get Frank

Quote Originally Posted by homealone View Post
    I think some-one should volunteer to go out to Canada & get Frank
    Sure, you can go if you wish too, as long as you don;t mind travelling via UPS

Quote Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
    Sure, you can go if you wish too, as long as you don;t mind travelling via UPS
    I will fit in quite a small parcel - just don't tell Mrs Gaz how to log into the tracking system

Quote Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
    @ Alien. What bits? We can give you an ooooh and aaaaah to be going on with.
    Asus M3A32-MVP Deluxe motherboard

PowerColor ATI Radeon HD 3870 XT Extreme 512MB GDDR4

LiteON LH-20A1L-14C 20x DVD±RW SATA Dual Layer Lightscribe ReWriter (Black) - Retail

& a 4GB flash/thumb drive [figured it was about time I got 1 ], & a couple of power cables [1 SATA & 1 PCI-E].

The new motherboard should give me a bit of a performance improvement, as it will allow me to set the voltage properly for my RAM [current board just has Auto, high, & ultra, & I'm not willing to try the other 2 without knowing what they actually correspond to - it doesn't even list memory voltage in power monitoring], as it won't run at the proper settings without more than 1.8v [1.8v is like a default standard for DDR2 RAM, but faster/higher performance RAM usually wants more voltage].

Side note for Zingle [& any other techies]: it's DDR2 800, but it's running at 5-5-5-18 timings, instead of 4-4-4-12. I can manually set the timings, but with the default vaultage it becomes unstable.

Also, current motherboard only supports SATA 150 speed, & only has 2 ports, compared to 6 SATA 300 ports on the new board, so I'll be able to have My OS on 1 drive, swap file on another, & temp/internet cache files on a 3rd, which should make my system a bit quicker [hopefully].

If its geil it needs 2.1 volt

Evening all. Everyone handling the cold turkey ok?

Crumbs. The end if nigh. How bad is it? Do we know?

It's so bad that we don't know how bad it is.

These things only ever happen while Paul is away. :disturbd:

Quote Originally Posted by Chris T View Post
    Evening all. Everyone handling the cold turkey ok?
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I dunno, I take one night off and come back to find the forum off line..

Quote Originally Posted by David F View Post
    If its geil it needs 2.1 volt
    I thought I was using the same ones as you, but now I'm not sure. I forget which ones you said you have.

I thought we both had the Value ones, but those apparently have a silver [grey?] heatspreader & looking at GeIL's site they only do 5-5-5-18. I found the email for the order [thought I got them from OcUK, but actually it was Tekheads], & it turns out mine are the Ultra [4x1GB].

Had hoped to be getting 4x2GB of GeIL Black Dragon 8500, but I realised that I hadn't paid a bill that I thought I'd paid, so had to stick with what I've got.