Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: CF Issues 23/8/08

Re: CF Issues 23/8/08

Quote Originally Posted by David F View Post
    That was before I was known. I had to really struggle to be listened to and had a certain KP having a go at me. It is a bit of a thread that one
    And yet here you are, a demi-god. It's amazing what access to the ban button can do for your personal standing on a forum.

Speaking of people with computer probs, I had a laugh the other day. Someone posted a link to a youtube vid in the comments section of a blog. This guy was moaning about the CPU [Phenom] or motherboard [I forget his exact beef now], but the point is that he had an external temperature gizmo hooked up to measure CPU temps, & from the vid you could see it was crapping out at 68C [it was in F, but I converted it], but he was blaming it on the mobo or CPU, when if he'd bothered to check he'd have known that Phenoms need to be kept below 64C [61C for the 9950, IIRC].

Cable Forum Team

So who is organising the CF reunion party? (When CF comes back)

dilligaf1701

Wel, I am due a flat warming too - let's all bundle down here in Sunny Potton and keep the new neighbours up

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    So who is organising the CF reunion party? (When CF comes back)
    More importantly who is getting the blame for breaking it and what's their punishment, I vote for death by firing squad

---------- Post added at 15:11 ---------- Previous post was at 15:10 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson T View Post
    Wel, I am due a flat warming too - let's all bundle down here in Sunny Potton and keep the new neighbours up
    Ahh bundles, brings back happy childhood memories of jumping on and being jumped on

Quote Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
    More importantly who is getting the blame for breaking it and what's their punishment, I vote for death by firing squad

---------- Post added at 15:11 ---------- Previous post was at 15:10 ----------

Ahh bundles, brings back happy childhood memories of jumping on and being jumped on
    Is that before or after the "fair trial"?
    Rage against the dying of the light....

Quote Originally Posted by foreverwar View Post
    Is that before or after the "fair trial"?
    After of course, want to keep things fair right? :P

Just let Coggy box their ears. She takes a week off and we go to pot.

Admiral Security. Good grief. Turned up for work a bit late - about 5 minutes. Got over the hill and saw the guys milling about in the car park. No sign of the guard to open up, and the building was still secure. Oddly, the secure gates to the car park were open. One of the guys had phoned security who were "getting back to him". We gave it a bit, and phoned again - "On his way from Harewood". And sure enough, about 10 minutes later he appeared. Not one of the usual guys though. "Never opened this building before", he says. "It is open but I only opened that door <points at reception door>". I explain that the door can only be opened from the inside, unless you are a security guard with a key So off he goes to open our doors - the ones with fob access that all staff use. Five minutes later, he comes out one of the fire exits, declaring the door open. Yes - but that's a fire exit. Have another go. There aren't that many doors Finally he gets the right doors, and in we troop. Sat at my desk and I could hear this alarm - sounded like the door alarm, when it has been left open. Heads out to check and sure enough - doors wide open. This is a building with circa several-hundred-thousand-pounds worth of IT equipment and stock Beggars belief. Utterly hopeless.

Cable Forum Team

Not the same IT equipment which houses our CF database by any chance?

Just thought I'd ask ....

dilligaf1701

Mybe we just need to change the gerbils in the generator room?

Or maybe Bert and Ernie (the Gerbils obv.) have gone on strike? :

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Not the same IT equipment which houses our CF database by any chance?

Just thought I'd ask ....
    Nah. Not guilty

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson T View Post
    Mybe we just need to change the gerbils in the generator room?
    Oompa Loompas, Dilli, Oompa Loompas. They will most likely be on strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham M View Post
    Or maybe Bert and Ernie (the Gerbils obv.) have gone on strike? :
    Quote Originally Posted by Greencreeper
    Oompa Loompas, Dilli, Oompa Loompas. They will most likely be on strike.
    LoL

GC and Graham, wouldnt you 2 go on strike if you had to work for Dilli???

I would for sure

(awaits the RPG thats going to hit me later)