Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toast

Re: Toast

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Weekend, they all close at 10:00 pm for Sunday hours.
    Not got an Esso filling station with a shop anywhere near you? I went to 1 earlier [got back about 10 to 12]. Apparently they're open 24/7, though they lock the doors & only serve through 1 of them security hatch things after 2am [the guy might have said 3, I forget].

The only thing is, they tend to shut at about 10pm or 10:30 for about 1/2 an hour [shift change & cashing out the register, or whatever].

Might be worth checking out for future night-time snack requirements.

Nearest 24 hour petrol station is miles away, and I'm sure some bod with a blue flashing light might have something to say if I decided to get there.

Nearest 24 hour petrol station is miles away,
    In all honesty, the 1 I went to isn't exactly "just down the road", it's on the other side of town - probably 5 [maybe 6] miles round trip... on my mountain bike. That's why I'm snuggled up under my duvet trying to warm up [typing with mouse & onscreen keyboard], even though I'm fungry.

and I'm sure some bod with a blue flashing light might have something to say if I decided to get there.
    Why? Your wheels not exactly road-worthy at the moment?

dilligaf1701

Quote Originally Posted by Alien View Post
    Why? Your wheels not exactly road-worthy at the moment?
    I doubt he could even drive in a straight line at the moment - he certainly couldn't shoot in one [MMMmmm that'lll probably earn me my 2nd infraction within 24 hours ]

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson T View Post
    I doubt he could even drive in a straight line at the moment
    Ah, I see - nissed as a pewt, eh?

Yep I needed midnight munchies to get over the alchohol intake.

You see modding you lot drives a chap to drink

why are you's talking about toast, now I want to watch ed, edd, & eddy - cos 'toast' makes me think of the strange one that goes on about 'buttered toast' in his dulcit tone...

Quote Originally Posted by lauzjp View Post
    why are you's talking about toast, now I want to watch ed, edd, & eddy - cos 'toast' makes me think of the strange one that goes on about 'buttered toast' in his dulcit tone...
    Red Dwarf...

Toast is a hangover from when our newbies had their first modding experiences on CF during Red Nose day way back in March 05. The idea then seemed to be to get references to Toast into every possible thread.

It geve them something to do

You see modding you lot drives a chap to drink
    I'm not surprised, when you have people like that Yank bird the other day spamming it up, not to mention the normal "fun'n'games" that goes on.

"you're a racist!"
    "no, you're a racist!"

Oy vey!

bless. well I shall let you play amongst yourselves before I get picked on anymore!

well i would run away but the CF board proper isn't loading... eek

It's called an invisible elastic band. It's like those horror movies once they've got their sights on you they'll grind you down

Should this be closed as its general chit-chit? Where are the moderators?!?!?

Oh, wait...

It's called an invisible elastic band. It's like those horror movies once they've got their sights on you they'll grind you down
    Nil moderatus carborundum.